Friday, March 2, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things 2-3-18



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

Another very busy week at work, so I'm looking forward to some downtime.  We didn't end up going to the beach last weekend because my friend was sick, so we're going this week.  Hopefully the weather will stay nice and we can go for a swim.

I started writing a story for an anthology being put together by my publisher.  I need to do a lot more work on it, but so far I'm pretty happy with how it's going.  Can't help feeling like it wants to turn into a novel though...  I shall have to rein in the majority of subplots that keep springing to mind.

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Weekends are always nice to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so both! If it's trying to turn into a novel, run with it. You can first publish the short story (while jotting down all these subplots) and then later expand it into a novel. I have read in the past some interviews with novelists who said their novel first appeared as a short story and the story wouldn't let them go — for whatever reason. Sometimes it was a character that nagged at them, sometimes something else. Definitely celebrate. Hope you do get in your swim at the beach!

    ReplyDelete