Friday, April 21, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things 21-4-17



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend again!  And Tuesday is a public holiday, so it's almost another long weekend.

It hasn't been as productive a week as I hoped, partly because I'm anxious as heck about the house selling.  Interest has not been nearly as high as I was led to believe it would be in this market and now I'm starting to freak out that it won't sell and I'll have to sell the new house before we even move in!  My realtor assures me that won't happen, but I'm still anxious.

But on the plus side, I have almost finished editing the project I had hoped to get finished about three weeks ago.  I've managed to cut about 3K, but still need to cut about 1K more to get it to the length the publisher I want to send it to is looking for.  I'm not cut out for 70K novels!  Mine all end up hovering around the 90K mark, even when I try to write as lean as I can and go back to cut out all my crutch and filter words.

I'm waiting for my ghostwriting partner to get back to me so we can move on to the next step with that project.  But it's nice to have had a week away from it and to focus on my own stories for a bit.

The kids are on vacation from school and I had two days off to spend with them this week as well as the long weekend.  We didn't get up to too much except multiple library visits,  but we did see the Lego Batman Movie

What are you celebrating this week?

6 comments:

  1. Yay for holidays! We need more of them. I'm sure you'll sell your house soon, but it must be so hard to wait for it. Good luck with the word trimming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually started writing the story, and it seems to be going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son wants to see the Lego Batman movie. How was it? I'm on the opposite side and am wanting to buy a house. It's still lots of anxiety. I just lost one by a few hours I would have loved so much. I guess the best way to cope is know the right thing will come along as it should. I hope you have a lovely time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Editing and cutting is hard. Good for you that you managed to trim 3000 words. I'd put it away for two weeks and then revisit it. By then, you'll be able to spot the 1000 words you still need to trim. Enjoy your extra holiday on Tuesday, and have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you the best of luck with your house. I can imagine that is stressful.

    How wonderful that you had some vacation time and got to see the Lego Batman movie with your kids. Library visits are always fun!

    Awesome job on the writing front. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you much luck selling your house asap! I'm glad you have a bit of time for your own projects. I have out-of-control word counts too. Coldest Night was supposed to by a 40k novella. Then a 65k novel. Now it looks like it's gonna be an 80-85k novel. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete